DO YOU WANT TO GROW YOUR BUSINESS?
Westpac Business Growth Grants are back for the 5th year. Applications now open.
The Westpac Business Growth Grants are part of Westpac’s way of helping upcoming Kiwi businesses reach their potential.
If you have ideas and a clear plan to grow your business, then Westpac want to help. It doesn’t matter where you are based, which sector or industry you’re in, or even if you’re a Westpac customer.
Here are the prizes they’re offering:
- 6 regional winners will attend the Nurture Change Business Retreat in Fiji – to take time out to focus on working on their business with a range of experts and business leaders
- The 6 regional winners will also receive expert business mentoring including legal, HR and accounting advice
- 6 regional winners will receive a $2,500 Quest business accommodation package voucher
- The overall winner will also receive a Growth Grant valued at $50,000 (including $40,000 cash and $10,000 free advertising used in collaboration with Westpac’s appointed media agency)
Any business can apply, provided that they are:
- Operating with a turnover of less than $10m and have been profitable for the past 2 years;
- Have a clear plan for growth and understand the barriers to growth with a clear plan on how they’ll spend the money;
- Understand the economic, social and environmental impact their business success can have;
- Can complete the simple online application form by 7th of June 2019
There will be six regional winners who will be selected from six regions, one from each of the following –
- Waikato/Bay of Plenty
- Central North Island (Taranaki/Manawatū-Whanganui/Hawkes Bay/Gisborne)
- Canterbury/Tasman/Nelson/West Coast/Marlborough
The 6 regional winners will be asked to provide supporting financial statements (which may include a profit and loss statement and balance sheet). This should complement their application and is an opportunity to reinforce why their business should receive a Growth Grant.
The 6 regional winners will also be asked to present their ideas for growth to a panel of high profile business leaders at a judging event day. They will have 15 minutes to pitch these ideas followed by no more than 10 minutes of Q&A from the panel. Presentations will be followed by an awards event where the overall winner will be announced.
All applications will be assessed by panels of business experts.
Click here to Apply Now.