By Peter Diamandis
Probably the most important precaution (and treatment) each of us must take is to augment the strength of our immune systems, equipping our body’s natural ability to mount an immune response to the novel Coronavirus.
This blog covers two routes to strengthened immunity:
- Immunotherapy & New Therapeutics
- Naturally Augmenting Your Immune System
And, just in… (3) Breaking News (new treatment)!
Let’s dive in…
1: Novel Immunotherapy / Natural Killer Cells
As of early March, the data coming out of Italy and China are clear and impressive: Young people (under 30) have much, much lower mortality rates than older individuals.
Why do the young survive, and older individuals fall ill?
Likely because our immune systems degrade as we age. It’s the same reason that humans see increased cancer rates as we age— as we grow older, our immune systems, which normally find and destroy cancers in our bodies, become overwhelmed, exhausted, depleted.
As researchers are racing to develop vaccines and antiviral therapies to treat the COVID-19 pandemic, one promising option is immunotherapy. This technology uses components of our immune system to alter or boost a patient’s immune response. Immunotherapy has been used successfully to treat other viral diseases as well as cancer and diseases of the immune system.
An important immunotherapeutic approach uses natural killer cells. These cells are part of the innate immune system, which responds immediately to new pathogens. (The adaptive immune system, by contrast, develops specific responses over time.)
NK cells home in on and kill cancerous or virally infected cells by recognising molecules expressed by those cells, called stress antigens. For patients incapable of an adequate, innate immune response, adoptive transfer therapy by infusing NK cells is a direct way to bolster the immune system’s function.
Celularity has pioneered the use of cells derived from the human placenta, left over after childbirth.
Celularity has a proven system of producing high-quality cellular medicines under the Food and Drug Administration’s Good Manufacturing Practices. The placental NK cell shows promise as a safe, efficacious treatment for various cancers.
Designated CYNK-001, Celularity’s experimental NK cell is now under clinical investigation with an open Investigational New Drug (IND) application on file with the FDA in blood cancers. Celularity has submitted this IND application for NK-cell treatment of Covid-19. Once it’s approved, we could scale up manufacturing within 45 days.
Scientists demonstrated two decades ago that a deficiency of NK cells in patients infected with the SARS coronavirus was associated with more severe disease and the presence of SARS-specific antibodies. NK cell therapy is a deployable, rapidly scalable approach to treating Covid-19. And it’s well-established that immunotherapy can enhance vaccine-induced immunity.
More info here in this video.
2: Naturally Supporting Your Immune System
In addition to immune system augmentation with Natural Killer cells, there are natural ways to support and enhance our immune systems as well.
A healthy immune system reduces your chance of viral infection. Simply put, the stronger your immune system, the lower the chance of your falling ill. But then again, having a strong immune system doesn’t make you invincible.
Here are the fundamentals we should all follow:
Reduce Stress Levels: Chronic stress suppresses your immune system through the release of the hormone cortisol, which interferes with T-cells. Recommendation: practice yoga, meditation, or deep breathing in your regular routine.
Exercise: Working out on a regular basis has been proven to boost the immune system. Exercise helps to mobilise T-cells.
Sleep: Perhaps the most important thing you can do is get 7-8 hours of restful sleep to strengthen your immune system.
Reduce alcohol consumption: Alcohol can interfere with your immune system. Consider only moderate use for relaxation purposes.
Vitamin C & Multivitamins: Vitamins can boost your immune system. Vitamin A, B6, C, D and E can help increase the strength of the immune system. Vitamin C is the biggest booster of all.
Zinc: Zinc is known to play a central role in the immune system, and zinc-deficient persons experience increased susceptibility to a variety of pathogens…..Zinc is crucial for the function of neutrophils and natural killer cells.
Oregano Oil: Oregano Oil is best known for its antioxidant and antimicrobial properties, and is an effective anti-parasitic, antiviral, antiseptic and immune booster.
- Citrus fruits: Vitamin C is thought to increase the production of white blood cells. Your body doesn’t produce or store it, you need daily vitamin C for continued health.
- Red bell peppers: Ounce for ounce, red bell peppers contain twice as much vitamin C as citrus. They’re also a rich source of beta carotene.
- Broccoli: Broccoli is packed with vitamins A, C, and E, as well as many other antioxidants and fibre, broccoli is one of the healthiest vegetables.
- Garlic: Garlic can help fight infections, lower blood pressure and slow down atherosclerosis. Its immune-boosting properties come from sulphur-containing compounds, such as allicin.
- Ginger: Ginger may help decrease inflammation. It reduces nausea and can help to decrease chronic pain.
- Spinach: Spinach is packed with antioxidants and beta carotene, which may increase the infection-fighting ability of our immune systems.
- Yogurt: Look for yogurts with “live and active cultures” (e.g. Greek yogurt). These may stimulate your immune system. Also try to select brands fortified with vitamin D.
- Almonds: Nuts, such as almonds, are packed with vitamin E, also key to a healthy immune system.
- Turmeric: This bright yellow, bitter spice is an anti-inflammatory and can help decrease exercise-induced muscle damage.
- Green tea: Green teas are packed with flavonoids, a type of antioxidant. Green tea is also a good source of the amino acid L-theanine, which aids your T-cells.
- Mushrooms: Mushrooms are one of nature’s healthiest foods on the planet, rich in essential nutrients and minerals.
Try Colostrum: Colostrum is referred to as the first milk from nursing mammals that provides protective antibodies. These antibodies help you fight through the early years of your life. In powder form — obtained from cows, goats and other mammals — these antibodies can be mixed with water, juices and shakes.
Herbs: Herbs like AHCC, Echinacea, Elderberry, Andrographis and Astragalus can help reduce the duration and severity of illness.
Don’t Smoke: If you smoke, now is a critical time to quit. Smoking impairs immunity.
The Sun: Getting natural sunshine helps supplement your Vitamin D levels, which is essential for healthy functioning of the immune system. Also beneficial for stress reduction.
Just In… Breaking News:
GAMECHANGER Therapy? Hydroxychloroquine & Azithromycin as a COVID-19 treatment…..(an antimalarial & an antibiotic). See the chart below, which displays this combo’s *stunning* results. Here’s the original article.
So…..as towns, counties, states and nations go on lockdown, I hope these blogs give you some hope.
Never before has the whole of humanity faced a single common enemy that affects each of us as personally as this. Never.
So what happens when 150,000,000 – 200,000,000 scientists, physicians and technologists turn their attention to solving a crisis?
We science the shit out of it and solve the problem! I have faith and hope you do to!
I hope this message will prove helpful, and send warmest wishes for your health, safety and peace of mind.