Poutama is supporting WREDA (Wellington Regional Economic Development Agency) in getting the word out about the WREDA Excellence in Māori Export Award as part of the ExportNZ ASB Wellington Export Awards 2019.
The WREDA Excellence in Māori Export Award recognises Māori business contribution to the New Zealand export economy; the approach, values and tikanga that underpin and uniquely define Māori business.
- The businesses eligible to enter will have been engaged in generating significant export earnings for that business and New Zealand.
Examples of businesses that ARE eligible include:
- Any manufacturer and exporter of products
- Any marketer who exports someone else’s products
- Any exporter of services (this includes bringing people to New Zealand, e.g., tourists or students)
Examples of businesses that ARE NOT eligible include:
- Importers of goods or services
- Unrelated companies which supply products for someone else to export
- Traders who solely buy finished products in one offshore country for sale in another
- The business must demonstrate the approach, values and tikanga that underpin and uniquely define Māori business in the operation of their export business.
- The business must administer and manage the export operation from within the catchment area of Manawatū, Wairarapa and Greater Wellington. Administration of export operations include:
- Any export business owned and operated in the catchment area
- Any business exporting products produced in other regions provided the trading is managed from the catchment area
- Any subsidiary of a business located elsewhere provided that the catchment area subsidiary manages its own exports
- ExportNZ Wellington has sole discretion to accept or decline an entry.
GENERAL ENTRY INFORMATION
- The Award is open to businesses managing their export earnings and revenue generating operations from within the following catchment area – the region includes Manawatū, Wairarapa and Greater Wellington.
- As an exporter your time is precious. The time required to participate is balanced with the needs of a well-considered, comprehensive and robust judging process.
- All applicants are required to complete a simple online entry form. This includes information about your company and what you do.
- You will receive an email acknowledging receipt of your entry.
- Judges will shortlist finalists for each award based on a review of all entries. The judges may contact you during this process to request further information. Information provided to the judges is strictly confidential.
- Site visits for all finalists will take place the week of Monday 29 April to Friday 3 May. The judges will ask further questions and discuss the content of your written submission to assist them with their assessments.
- Upon being announced as a finalist, we will need the following from you:
- A blurb of 100 words on what your company does and some background on your business
- Six high-quality images relating to your business.
- A high-quality copy of your logo (preferably in Vector format). This will be used to profile your business in both the programme and throughout the dinner.
- Finalists will be profiled at the ExportNZ ASB Wellington Export Awards dinner on Thursday 23 May 2019.
The panel of judges is as follows:
- Mike Atkins – ASB
- Vaughan Renner – Business Central/BusinessNZ
- Rachel Baxter – NZTE
Check out the full info pack here.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
ExportNZ Wellington Executive Officer
email@example.com M: 021 026 72441 DDI: (04) 470 9883