Job Description – Technical Lead
About the Role
We’re looking for a talented Technical Lead with Full Stack Developer/Engineering experience of 5+ years. This role is not for the faint of heart as we require someone who is ready to take charge of our development and hit the ground running.
Experience in front end and back end development and cloud computing are essential.
We are initially offering a 12-month fixed-term contract – If you’re looking for the freedom to use your technical expertise to design, develop and deploy products that have a positive impact, if you’re passionate about sharing your knowledge with the next generation of developers and engineers, we want you to join our team.
Who are we?
At Vaka Interactiv, we live in the future of cultural storytelling tech. For us, it’s all about deep impact and high engagement – creating tech products that enable people to gain insight into a culture other than their own. Culture Lens is the world’s first cultural storytelling portrait that allows people to engage with the storytellers themselves. Its magic, art, culture and tech all rolled into one.
For more info visit our website at www.vakainteractiv.com
Why work for us?
We LOVE technology! Whether we’re exploring new processes or new product offerings, our team are passionate about exploring new ways to incorporate tech into what we do every day. If you get excited exploring how you can make technology work for you, you will fit in.
Our client base is made up of various organisations from government to private to social enterprise. This means no two projects are the same. We’re not afraid to try new and exciting tech – in fact, we encourage it! In your role as Technical Lead, you’ll be responsible for guiding the technical R&D efforts.
With a company culture that focuses on maximising our team, talents and time to deliver high impact storytelling, it is essential that you are based in Wellington. Our office is centrally located in the Wellington CBD.
40 hours, Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm.
- Experience in AI and Machine Learning (preference toward having worked with speech and facial recognition).
- Previous experience in designing, building and maintaining web applications to production, and Web development experience.
- Sound understanding of databases and product deployment.
- Development proficiency in C# and familiarity or proficiency in multiple languages and frameworks.
- Strong experience in using Open Source software and Cloud services (i.e Microsoft Azure, AWS and/or Google Cloud Services.)
- Knowledge of how to automate internal workflow processes to increase productivity and workflow efficiency (by utilizing existing software or being able to build custom solutions)
- As a leader, you are willing and able to guide junior developers and interns who are passionate and capable learners.
- You are familiar with using Scrum and Agile methodologies, pipelines, CI/CD and are able to establish these with the development team.
Please get in touch!
We’d love to see examples of your work, discuss your previous roles and hear your thoughts on what we are doing and where you could see yourself in this role.
We’re very keen to talk with you, so please don’t hesitate to contact, Andrea, our Chief Operating Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her on 022 402 8101.